You’re an artist! Great…. now what? Start selling it. I did much research before starting I even considered the idea of selling my art…. plus I had people telling me that ” I couldn’t make money as an artist”. There are a few ways to make money with your art Sell art physically – You can make money directly with this
- craft shows
- Have a local coffee shop or local business hang your art on their walls (make sure to give them a few business cards for those that are interested)
- Create an online store through your website or Esty to sell physical crafts/prints
There are many ways to sell your art online With these ways you will make passive income, meaning you create the content and it keeps making money.
- Art licensing companies like Jewel Branding
- Print on Demand sites like Society6 and Redbubble (info on how to start selling with PODS)
- Digital Downloads – Zedge (cell phone wallpaper), Stock Photography sites like Shutterstock and Twenty20, Ebooks like Amazon Epub
- Affiliate Marketing – I use Shareasale links throughout my site
- Crowdfunding Websites – Patron or Ko-fi are great options. What a lot of people don’t know is that you can use Paypal for this as well!
- Create an online class/podcast – love teaching people? Try Skillshare!
- Create a YouTube Channel – maybe create videos for DIY crafts or educational videos or vlogs about artist life…. YES you can really make money with YouTube
Either avenue you pick, I would suggest picking multiple ways, especially if you are selling your art online.
Society6 and Redbubble will not be enough to make a healthy income….
if you are looking for tips regarding these sites check out my blog
Also, make social accounts for your work! Get it out to the public.