Artists are always idea hunting to find the latest trends…..my go to is pinterest.
To keep on top of current trends, check out this site, full of websites that keep track of the trends for you! From apps, to color choices, to fashion and more. For daily trends I use Twitter.
Once we find these new trends to hunt down and to try to figure out how to incorporate them into your own artwork!
Old school looks are now new school.….
- Retro design
- Tie Dye
- Pantone Color of the Year: Living Coral
Fanny Packs are back too…..why???
If you were a 90s kid like me than this will make you happy. The trends of your childhood are back!
- grunge flannels
- acid washed jeans
- bright neon colors
- Bold Floral ….or as I call them the “ugly floral”
- Pantone Color of the Year: Ultra Violet
However, two new colors that seem to have been a trend for a few years will bring these trends into the 21st century. Blush Pink and Baby Blue
Embracing the Trends
Other trends that I see making a comeback are fanny packs and mom jeans….why???
Looks like the “vintage” from the 1980s is coming back in a big way. The 1980s were a day of bell bottoms, velvet tops, and varsity tees.
- Blush pink – though I fell in love with the previous rose gold color, this color is being called the “millennial” pink
- Dark backgrounds with bright subjects (Various shades of black, and bright whites or even the new pink!)
- Marble texture
- Varsity Fonts
Anyone remembers that patch trend of the 90s That is coming back too….
Now that I have gone over some new trends, How to put in your own work?
Here are some examples that I have done.
Make sure to put your own spin on these trends!!!
Thank you for reading!