The latest trend is a meme is “Ok Boomer”.
The baby boomer generation is born between the years 1946 – 1964. Baby boomers often think that their generation is the best generation and think they millennials are often “self-entitled people who are obsessed with technology.
The millennial generation is born between the years 1981 – 1996. Millennials are often called the “me” generation who was raised with technology in their hands.
This is my reaction… I created this in Picsart.
Ok, Boomer! Yes, I am a millennial. I’m not as self-entitled as you think. I have some same values as you!
Millennials have a lot of the same values as the baby boomer generation, they just have a different way of getting there.
- Millennials do care about finances and money they just don’t necessarily want to work 40 hours or more… Millennials also want more out of their job, not just a place to go day after day to get paid…
- Millennials were born with technology and are known as the “tech-savvy” generation but not all millennials are addicted to their tech.
- Millennials still put family first even opting for family vacations over store-bought gifts.
Did the baby boomer generation have it easier than millennials? Maybe? Everything was cheaper back then… You could buy a house at a young age with a minimum wage of $1.60!
Baby boomers often hate change and believe things should stay the way they were 60 years ago…they believe boys should be boys and girls should be girls. They loved their 8-hour jobs working 9-5.
Fast-forward to 2019… minimum wage is $9/hr and you can’t even pay your college tuition with that! Millennials are bringing change such
- Girls can play sports such as football and boys can be cheerleaders
- You are free to be who you are and free to love who you chose
Times have changed since the baby boomers were kids.
Baby boomers often say as long as you preserve and work for what you want in life. You will go far… part of that is true. However, when it comes to jobs, you need that degree! With that degree, you need money to pay for it on top of paying for the necessities to live.
My favorite thing is when the baby boomer generation asks me what I do then tell me that I can’t make money with art… just because I create art digitally doesn’t mean I can’t make money off of it. I have another blog post for that rant here.
What is your favorite thing about the “ok boomer” meme? How do you relate?
Thank you for reading!